In case you find MILAMIN or the related tools useful in your research, we would greatly appreciate if you included some references from the list below to your publications.
The original MILAMIN paper
Dabrowski, M., M. Krotkiewski, and D. W. Schmid MILAMIN: MATLAB-based finite element method solver for large problems, Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst., 9, Q04030, 2008
Papers related to the MUTILS package
Krotkiewski, M. and M. Dabrowski. Parallel symmetric sparse matrix-vector product on scalar multi-core cpus. Parallel Computing, 36(4):181–198, 2010.
Publications citing the MILAMIN paper
- Bani-Hassan, N., Iyer, K., Rupke, L.H., Borgia, A. Controls of bathymetric relief on hydrothermal fluid flow at mid-ocean ridges.
Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 13 (5), May 2012
- Ruh, J.B., Kaus, B.J.P., Burg, J.-P. Numerical investigation of deformation mechanics in fold-and-thrust belts: Influence of rheology of single and multiple décollements. Tectonics, 31 (3), May 2012
- Schmalholz, S.M., Schmid, D.W.Folding in power-law viscous multi-layers Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 370 (1965), pp. 1796-1826, Apr 2012
- Gérault, M., Becker, T.W., Kaus, B.J.P., Faccenna, C., Moresi, L., Husson, L. The role of slabs and oceanic plate geometry in the net rotation of the lithosphere, trench motions, and slab return flow., Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 13 (4), Apr 2012
- Crameri, F., Schmeling, H., Golabek, G.J., Duretz, T., Orendt, R., Buiter, S.J.H., May, D.A., Kaus, B.J.P., Gerya, T.V., Tackley, P.J. A comparison of numerical surface topography calculations in geodynamic modelling: An evaluation of the ‘sticky air’ method. Geophysical Journal International, 189 (1), pp. 38-54, Apr 2012
- Schmalholz, S.M., Maeder, X. Pinch-and-swell structure and shear zones in viscoplastic layers, Journal of Structural Geology, 37, pp. 75-88., Apr 2012
- Theissen-Krah, S., Iyer, K., Rüpke, L.H., Morgan, J.P. Coupled mechanical and hydrothermal modeling of crustal accretion at intermediate to fast spreading ridges, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Volume 311, Issue 3-4, pp. 275-286, Nov 2011
- Krotkiewski, M., I.S. Ligaarden, K.A. Lie, D.W. Schmid. On the Importance of the Stokes-Brinkman Equations for Computing Effective Permeability in Karst Reservoirs. Communications in Computational Physics, Vol.10, No.5, pp.1315-1332, Nov 2011
- Thieulot C. Fantom: two-and three-dimensional numerical modelling of creeping ﬂows for the solution of geological problems. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, July 2011.
- Dabrowski, M. and D.W. Schmid. A rigid circular inclusion in an anisotropic host subject to simple shear. Journal of Structural Geology, 33:1169–1177, July 2011.
- Lu G., B.J.P. Kaus, and L. Zhao. Thermal localization as a potential mechanism to rift cratons. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, June 2011.
- Adamuszek M., D.W. Schmid, and M. Dabrowski. Fold geometry toolbox-automated determination of fold shape, shortening, and material properties. Journal of Structural Geology, June 2011.
- Duretz T., B.J.P. Kaus, K. Schulmann, D. Gapais, and J.J. Kermarrec. Indentation as an extrusion mechanism of lower crustal rocks: Insight from analogue and numerical modelling, application to the eastern bohemian massif. Lithos, May 2011.
- Behr W.M. and J.P. Platt. A naturally constrained stress proﬁle through the middle crust in an extensional terrane. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 303(3-4):181–192, Mar 2011.
- Angheluta L., T. Candela, J. Mathiesen, and F. Renard. Eﬀect of surface morphology on the dissipation during shear and slip along a rock–rock interface that contains a visco-elastic core. Pure and Applied Geophysics, pages 1–10, Feb 2011.
- Andreassen E., A. Clausen, M. Schevenels, B.S. Lazarov, and O. Sigmund. Eﬃcient topology optimization in matlab using 88 lines of code. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, pages 1–16, Jan 2011.
- Beuchert, M.J. and Y.Y. Podladchikov. Viscoelastic mantle convection and lithospheric stresses. Geophysical Journal International, Oct 2010.
- Yarushina, V.M., M. Dabrowski, and Y.Y. Podladchikov. An analytical benchmark with combined pressure and shear loading for elastoplastic numerical models. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems, 11(08), Aug 2010.
- Kaus, B.J.P., H. M¨hlhaus, and D.A. May. A stabilization algorithm for geodynamic numerical simulations with a free surface. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 181 (1-2):12–20, July 2010.
- Iyer, K., L.H. Rupke, and J.P. Morgan. Feedbacks between mantle hydration and hydrothermal convection at ocean spreading centers. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 296(1-2): 34–44, July 2010.
- Krotkiewski, M. and M. Dabrowski. Parallel symmetric sparse matrix-vector product on scalar multi-core cpus. Parallel Computing, 36(4):181–198, Apr 2010.
- Kaus, B.J.P. Factors that control the angle of shear bands in geodynamic numerical models of brittle deformation. Tectonophysics, 484(1-4):36–47, Mar 2010.
- Deubelbeiss, Y., B.J.P. Kaus, and J.A.D. Connolly. Direct numerical simulation of two-phase ﬂow: Eﬀective rheology and ﬂow patterns of particle suspensions. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 290(1-2):1–12, Feb 2010.
- Schmid, D.W., S.M. Schmalholz, N.S. Mancktelow, and R.C. Fletcher. Comment on’folding with thermal-mechanical feedback’. Journal of structural geology, 32(1):127–130, Jan 2010.
- Mazzini, A. , A. Nermoen, M. Krotkiewski, Y. Podladchikov, S. Planke, and H. Svensen. Strike-slip faulting as a trigger mechanism for overpressure release through piercement structures. implications for the Lusi mud volcano, Indonesia. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 26(9):1751–1765, Nov 2009.
- Kaus, B.J.P., Y. Liu, TW Becker, D.A. Yuen, and Y. Shi. Lithospheric stress-states predicted from long-term tectonic models: Inﬂuence of rheology and possible application to Taiwan. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 36(1):119–134, Sept 2009.
- Schmeling, H., A.Y. Babeyko, A. Enns, C. Faccenna, F. Funiciello, T. Gerya, G.J. Golabek, S. Grigull, B.J.P. Kaus, and G. Morra. A benchmark comparison of spontaneous subduction models–towards a free surface. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 171(1-4):198– 223, Dec 2008.
- Deubelbeiss, Y. and B.J.P. Kaus. Comparison of eulerian and lagrangian numerical techniques for the stokes equations in the presence of strongly varying viscosity. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 171(1-4):92–111, Dec 2008.
- Schmid, D.W., M. Dabrowski, and M. Krotkiewski. Evolution of large amplitude 3d fold patterns: A fem study. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 171(1-4):400–408, Dec 2008.
- Krotkiewski, M., M. Dabrowski, and Y.Y. Podladchikov. Fractional steps methods for transient problems on commodity computer architectures. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors, 171(1-4):122–136, Dec 2008.
- Schmalholz, S.M., D.W. Schmid, and R.C. Fletcher. Evolution of pinch-and-swell structures in a power-law layer. Journal of Structural Geology, 30(5):649–663, May 2008
Other works citing the MILAMIN paper
- Becker T.W. and B.J.P. Kaus. Numerical geodynamics. Jan 2011.
- Ligaarden I.S., M. Krotkiewski, K.A. Lie, M. Pal, and D.W. Schmid. On the stokes–brinkman equations for modeling ﬂow in carbonate reservoirs. Proceedings of ECMOR XII, A, July 2010.
- Ismail-Zadeh A. and P.J. Tackley. Computational methods for geodynamics. Cambridge Univ Pr, July 2010.
- Gerya T. Introduction to numerical geodynamic modelling. Cambridge University Press, Jan 2010.
- Chen L. iFEM: an innovative ﬁnite element methods package in matlab. Download from http://ifem. wordpress. com, Version, 5, 2009.
- Dabrowski M. and D.W. Schmid. Mechanical anisotropy of a two-phase composite consisting of aligned elliptical inclusions. Trabajos de geologia, (29):196–199, 2009.
- Levesque, J.S. El´ments de m´canique des ﬂuides sur matlab: loin d’ˆtre ﬁni. In Journal du colloque des ´tudiants de premier cycle en math´matiques de l’Universit´ Laval, page 16, Sept 2009.